Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day and Such

Hope all you moms out there had a great day. My day started out with cinnamon raisin french toast, made by the loving man of the house. Then, a present. This year I got a new camera! I've been needing one for a while. It's a Canon Power Shot SX10 IS. The one I had before was just a crappy little point and shoot, so this thing is awesome!

Here I am with my two monkeys. Aren't they getting big?
After this picture was taken, I went shopping and then hit the salon for a pedicure and eyebrow waxing. It was a nice and relaxing way to spend the day. I hadn't gotten any alone time in over a week, so it was also very much appreciated!

Afterwards Brad made dinner for me...lamb chops. Yummy!

While I was out, Brad took the kids to the zoo. While there, he took the opportunity to try out the new camera. I think he took some great shots.

Aren't they so cute?

It seems most of the animals were enjoying a lazy Sunday afternoon.





Except for this guy. Brad said he put on quite a show, throwing his empty keg around and splashing in the water.


The zoo train wasn't running, so they had to content themselves on the carousel.


At home we've been very busy with our garden. The kids love going to the nursery to pick out flowers and plants. We've gone quite a few times in the past few weeks. We've got flowers in the front yard and vegetables in the back. I'll have to take my new present outside and get some pictures for you all. So stay tuned!

1 comment:

Dave said...

I hope that's an awesome camera. My sister-in-law just got one, and one might or might not be on the way to replace Trina's broken one. (I hope she doesn't read comments.)