First, a picture of Jackson pushing his little friend in her swing. Cute!

I haven't moved any furniture around in a few months, so it seems I was due. This is something I've been wanting for a while. A playroom. I always wished I had just one extra room for toys. We have four bedrooms. One for us, one for each of the kids, and one small one for the office. But last fall, Jackson moved himself into Noah's room, and that left his room empty. When I say empty, I mean full of toys and a queen bed. What to do with the bed? It's only a year old. I don't want to get rid of it.
I finally decided I don't really need an office. I never even go in there except to clean. I spend my computer time on the couch with my laptop. So why not turn it into the guest room? I've got a huge kitchen with plenty of room for a desk and bookcase.
So that's the plan. We have our computer on our old kitchen table right now. It's too big to fit in the part of the kitchen I've got picked out, so I'm going to get a new desk. A big executive desk with lots of drawers. That's what's been missing with the table. No storage. I'm a big fan of storage. So I'm going to order a desk and set up the guest room when it comes in. The bed is leaning against the wall in the kitchen where the desk will go. More on that when I get it done.
But, here's the new playroom! I'm very proud of it.



And the bedroom. Calm and serene. I actually bought some posters for this wall, but I still haven't gotten around to putting them up.


Napping Noah.

One last picture. We went to a Lebanese restaurant in Fort Worth last weekend. I've been craving Mediterranean food lately. Here's the dessert and the Lebanese coffee we had to finish. The waiter asked if we wanted the coffee medium sweet or sweet sweet. We chose the latter. I don't think they understand the meaning of that word. It wasn't sweet at all. I put a ton of sugar in it...and those were little cups. It wasn't bitter, though. Maybe to the Lebanese, sweet sweet means not bitter.

Anyway, I apologize for the picture quality. These (and all my pictures lately) have been taken with my iPhone. A new camera is on my list of things to buy. I'm going to get on it...really soon!
1 comment:
Ok, if you can see the carpet in a playroom it needs MORE playing. :) And good luck on your quest for storage.
Post a Comment